Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dreaming In Revolutions

Inside everyone, there is a God given talent that has the power to change the world. Everyone has a unique ability that has been individually put inside them to do great things. I found mine about a year and a half ago: music. I began playing guitar, singing, and writing songs and realized that people all had faith that it was my gift: my way to change the world.

Everyone looks up to musicians, whether for their music, or who they are as people. Is it crazy to want to be looked up to for both? I don't think so. I recently began putting together my first EP demo to be recorded and distributed. As I was writing these new songs for my demo, I realized the intensity of the problems of the music industry. The problem with music these days is that there is an industry standard: money fuels the music, the career...it doesn't matter who you are or what your music sounds like, as long as you're willing to do anything to sell an album, even if it means selling yourself. We have let our media soak us in sex, drugs, and violence. We have lost our sense of decency to what is appropriate and what music is really about. It's becoming harder to choose an adequate role model as the artists of the moment are all corrupt.

These facts of modern media are what fuel my mission with my music. I dream to be an inspiration to stand up for what is right, to encourage, to love everybody, and to be a fearless revolutionary. There is so much more potential for music than what is being presented. We have to opportunity to shine a light in the darkest places, be positive role models, be strong and real. Who says that we have to fit a mold? We can start a positive movement as the youth of the world, and if no one else wants to stand up first, I'll be happy to do it.

I encourage every person to look inside themselves to find that passion inside of them to make a difference, to step out, and to use their talent for the good of the people. Everyone has something to stand up for...why not be the beginning of something revolutionary?

No comments:

Post a Comment