Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To Explain the Feeling...

Here is a poem about barrel racing that pretty much sums up the feelings of why we love it so much. Enjoy!


"I’m a barrel racer, Lord. A quick time is all I need
Just to turn these three barrels, with a decent amount of speed
...
I’ve hauled a lot of miles, to run this horse of mine
to make each barrel race and then the next one down the line
If it’s a spill I take, Lord, please keep the dirt soft
for another run I’ll make, just as soon as I dust off
My chin I’ll keep it up and my tears I’ll try to hide
The I’ll climb back in my saddle, ever anxious for my next ride
With heart and will in hand, to win or lose with grace
For some other person will want to win the very same barrel race
So let us ride as one, Lord, my barrel horse and me
For hard work and perserverance, I believe is the key
We’ve trained and worked hard, and if I win, you know of course
To you I’ll give the glory, to you and my horse."

"Lord, as we gather today to celebrate the bond between horse and rider,
we ask that you grant us safety now until the last horse crosses the finish line.

As we send our horses hard toward the first barrel
help us remember the many people in public service
that work hard each day to make our lives safe.

After we turn that first barrel
help us to remember that there is more to life than winning.
As we push towards the second barrel
and make a beautiful turn,
may we think deeply and appreciate the pleasure we get
from the horses that power our way.

Lord, as we turn the third barrel towards home,
help us remember the many hours of hard work that go into training
a horse to run the pattern and win.
This is an amazing sport, a sport that makes us laugh and sometimes cry.

A sport of sure determination and often luck.
Help us not to blame our animals for our
lack of preparation and respect them for who they are.
We are all here for one reason so help us celebrate our common love for barrel racing.

Lord, help us remember that even when all goes wrong,
you are always right!
Keep us safe, God Bless each of us today"

No comments:

Post a Comment